1. A friend of mine told me there’s a flu bug going around. One of the symptoms is low self-esteem, a sure belief that one sucks at the very thing one is actually here to do.
2. Another symptom is weepiness.
3. I have that bug.
4. The weepiness is profuse.
5. Last night at bedtime, Fluffy said to me, Mom, I think God and Reiki and Jesus Christ and the Dali Lama are all really the same thing. They all come from the one powerful healing energy in the universe.
7. Miss Peepers lives! She’s out of the cardboard box and back in the yard with the girls. Sure, she walks a bit different than the rest of the birds but I like to believe she’s garnered a kind of celebrity status, like Jesus, risen from the dead.
9. Even though a tiny part of me got tripped up by why this beautiful woman who positively drips with talent would be spending her nights alone, the Tony Lightman song, Alone, had me in tears all morning (see # 4 above)
9. It feels like a melting, a shedding, an opening. Like when you struggle with the walnut and then you find yourself holding the meat inside. Seems it ought to be shattered given the violent attempts to crack it open, or rotten given the long stretches of neglect. But remarkable, it’s intact.
10. Here; so you can weep too: